Tuesday, October 1, 2019

My Birthday!


Before we recap on all of September, I have to devote a blog to my birthday. While that may sound selfish right off the bat, it actually has nothing to do with me and everything to do with my incredible husband (and my "little sister"). 

For those who don't know, this year was 30 for me. I was dreading it, a little depressed. I was adamant that there was to be no party and I really didn't even want to celebrate. I told Jeremy I wanted to stay in bed all day with a spray can of whipped cream 😂 

But oh my goodness did he GET ME! He had the whole entire day planned --- and when I say that I literally mean from wake up to bedtime. First thing that morning he gave me a card that told me he wanted me to feel young, so to get my outdoor clothes on because we were headed to Lake Placid. Then he proceeded to tell me we were going ZIPLINING! 

We took the boys over to play with their cousins and then I asked him if he knew where he was going or if I needed to plug it into my phone. He told me that he knew we had to go back through South Colton and he wanted to stop at the gas station to put a little air in his tire and use the restroom. I thought nothing of this. Moments after he went inside he messaged me saying it would be a few minutes....I knew what that meant 💩💩💩 (or so I thought). I was just rocking out in the car, checking facebook, people watching all of the cars that pulled in and out --- until one car pulled up next to me with my "little sister" inside!!!! 

I have no words. She was supposed to be in Aurora working, but here she was. Rocking her surprises and not missing my day! 

 It's hard to see in the picture, but once we were geared up, our guide told us that they run on nicknames there! She was Peanut and our other was Turtle. They said that we would also be given nicknames that we would be known by for the day so we got a wipe-clean marker to use on our helmets. Jeremy = Froggy (for those who don't know he is TERRIFIED of frogs), I was given the name Princess and Sam was deemed = Alky 😂


The trees changing and views were absolutely STUNNING! 

After doing the jump and then watching the video, I kinda feel like a baby. That video doesn't do it justice. We were up so high and the rope doesn't catch you until AFTER you jump (that's why I sat down at first because I wanted to feel it have my support). For a minute there, I didn't think I was gonna be able to do it! But, I'm not old sooooo 😉


After, we went and picked the boys up and headed back to the Thomas' for dinner. Jeremy surprised me with steak, homemade fried pickles, potatoes and corn! And the night wasn't even over. I was told to take a shower and get ready for surprise #4....

The Casino! 

I made $61 and Jeremy turned $20 into $30 👉 and we walked away! 

It was literally the most perfect, epic celebration I've ever had and I can't thank him (them) enough for all of it. I felt special, loved and most of all, young 😏 Cheers to 30, flirty and thriving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment