Well, our first Thanksgiving as a married couple has come and gone.
As has our first Thanksgiving away from our family.
But, besides missing that part of the holiday, I really have no complaints. I was really nervous about doing the meal without my mom or anyone around to save me, but I managed to pull it off!
Our menu?
Turkey & gravy, 2 kinds of stuffing, Mac n' Cheese, Rolls & Vegetable
(needless to say we have had 3 thanksgiving meals and can probably have 2 more lol)
But, I felt like a good wife on Thursday.
I spent the morning prepping the turkey, stuffing and mac n' cheese and then when the time came I just put it all in the oven at different times. Jeremy helped me roll up the crescents and gave me a hand with the difficult parts of the turkey, but it all came out so delicious and on time!
It's ready!
Did you know a measuring cup can double as a gravy ladle? LOL
Jeremy and I aren't big on pie, so for dessert...
It ended up being a lot thinner than usual, because I only did half of a batch and not a small enough pan, but that really had no effect on the taste : )
Besides some good R&R for Jeremy's break we did a little Christmas shopping on Friday and Saturday which made my weekend! We can officially start getting excited now that Thanksgiving is gone and in less than a month we will get to see our family again!
I hope everyone had as good of a holiday as The Thomas' did!
: )
What i'm most thankful for this year?





I love the gravy ladle :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you!
ReplyDelete