Since the news that I found out on Monday and my post from yesterday I have been able to find out some more information.
Yesterday I called the State board of Nursing for South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina and New York (our neighboring states that would be easy for me to go and take the test and then obviously New York where I could take the test while visiting family if it worked out)
South Carolina regulations state after being out of school for one year without successfully taking the nursing boards, you have to take a refresher course. After 3 years, you have to go back to school. I have yet to understand this as I don't know how you can be made to go back to school when you already have classes on your transcript, but.....so be it.
Georgia has the same regulations as South Carolina.
Neither New York nor North Carolina have any regulations or limits on how many times you can take the exam or anything to say about how long you have been out of school, except, after you reach the 3 year mark you must submit an application (with fees of course) to the State board and have it go under their review. They can decide yes or no as to whether you can sit for the exam or not. Basically what I was told is if they are having a bad day, they can say no just because.
Then of course, if I was successful in NY or NC I would then have to transfer my license back to SC (more fees)
I also heard back about my appeal to get my $200 refund back and it will not be refunded under any circumstances.
I am pretty much at a stand still right now.
Do I accept this as the Lord shutting the door, which I have been praying about since I started this whole process, or do I keep pushing?
So, that's where we are right now and we will see what happens next! Since I can't get my $200 back it will stay "in effect" for a year (I have that long to take the test) so if I choose to apply to another state and take the test, I can, but I don't need to do anything RIGHT now. I am stopping and waiting and praying. I don't want to make any rash decisions in either direction without peace.
I am so thankful for all of the love and support from family and friends throughout this whole "adventure". I love and appreciate you all!
I am so thankful for all of the love and support from family and friends throughout this whole "adventure". I love and appreciate you all!
Continuing to pray that you and Jeremy will KNOW and trust/rest in that knowing.
ReplyDelete