Monday, August 17, 2015

The little things....


We left a little late for church yesterday. I intentionally woke up an hour before Seth was supposed to eat so that I could get myself ready and we would be able to scoot right out after he finished. But, life happens. He took longer to eat than anticipated, I had to throw my dress on afterwards and then get him loaded into his seat after making sure he had burped to help prevent him from getting the dreaded hiccups. Getting out the door isn't quite as easy as it used to be! As we pulled out I prayed that God would give us green lights the whole way. We don't live that far away from church, but the traffic lights we hit can double our commute time. Each light was red as we approached, but by the time we got there they each turned green. My smile continued to get bigger as we got closer to church. When we got through our last light I smiled, looked at Jeremy and asked him if he saw what just happened. He smiled and said yes. A couple seconds later he said, "Hey you know what would be cool?....If Seth was born on July 4th."  : ) I am forever grateful for the life long reminder of how great God is. I have a pretty good list of these examples in my life, but Seth's birth story will always be special - I guess because it ended with him : )  

1 comment: