Friday, February 8, 2019

An update on life....


This August we will have been in South Carolina for 7 years. Time really does fly when you're having fun :) Moving here the day after we got married was the best thing for us. It ensured that we were depending on each other and building our life and our marriage. We knew our family would be there for us in a heartbeat if we needed them (and they have been MANY times), but not having them right next door made us get through a lot, learn a lot and grow a lot - together! We have so enjoyed our time here. Being our family. Having our space, peace and quiet. But it is SO hard to be SO far away from family. Holidays and special occasions can be lonely. A boring week for this stay-at-home mom can be long.

So, after teaching here for 7 years, Jeremy is in the search of a job in New York State. As much as we love it here, as GREAT as his job is, we have two boys that need to see their cousins and grandparents, aunts and uncles, more than one or two times a year. Plus, the summers here y'all.....I'll take a snowstorm any day (remind me I said this, okay?)

We'd love for you guys to pray for us in this search. We have no clue where in NYS, although we have our ideas. This is making it really hard for me. If you know me, you know I love to make a plan. But I can't make a plan when I don't know where. I can't look at schools or neighborhoods or houses. I'm just sitting here....waiting.....patiently? It really all boils down to the job. Jeremy has a really great thing here, so he's gonna be super picky about what he finds. But we know he is qualified and needed, so we have no doubt the right job is there if we are meant to go. The application process has begun! So now we sit and wait.....


No comments:

Post a Comment