Friday, November 4, 2022

New siblings!

Sibling introductions were not picture perfect. The puke bug that Kylie started my labor morning with quickly made it's rounds. The day we came home from the hospital Lucas was puking, that night Seth started puking and at 4 days post partum I got it - I don't wish that on my worst enemy! Thankfully Jeremy was spared and was able to take care of all of us, but it made Mia's first week extra hard instead of being able to just rest, enjoy daddy being home and adjust to life as a family of 6! 

I think Kylie was very confused! Looking back, I probably should have greeted her myself first and then gone to get Mia.....


But she's all obsessed now! 

We definitely have some times of jealousy and acting out for attention (she is turning 2 soon after all), but I'm trying really hard to not have everything be a "no, I'm taking care of sissy right now". She has also been asking to nurse along with Mia but once we talk it through she moves along without too much fuss. 

Since Kylie is obsessed with zippers she is a big helper when changing Mia. She loves to beep her sister's nose (a little too hard) and assist in burping her. She's the first to "gasp" when Mia starts crying, makes sure she always has a paccy (even if she doesn't want it) and needs a constant supply of hugs and kisses!


And then there's these two! 😍

They are the best brothers! In true boy style they are obsessed with inspecting her poop, they love to snuggle her and rub her head all day long (I'm surprised she has any hair left)! They think they are super big when they get to pick her up and carry her around and they have to kiss her multiple times a day (especially when they thank God for her every night and can't put chapstick on before bed until they've done so)!

Look how they've grown since baby Kylie!

I pray that the bond they have with her, and each other, grows bigger and stronger every day! 

(peep those eyes from Kylie 😂)

(peep those eyes from Seth 😍)


As you can imagine things have been a bit crazy around here. New baby, homeschooling, we've been sick twice just since Mia has joined our family.......etc, etc, etc! But it's a beautiful chaos! ❤


2 comments:

  1. 🥰 so glad that things are going good. Praying that some of the crazy busyness slows down in the days to come..

    ReplyDelete