Have you ever wondered what your life will be like in 5 years?
Have you ever wondered what was going to happen?
I'm sure we all have.
Can you imagine what it would be like if we actually knew?
What if we could really see our future?
Although this feeling may change in some instances, I for one am glad that I can't. It would certainly change how we lived, don't you think? We wouldn't do certain things if we knew that they wouldn't matter anyways.
But God knows it all. God knew it all. From the very beginning.
Jesus didn't die on the cross for our sins because everything else that God "tried" didn't work. Jesus dying on the cross was not a Plan B. It was the plan from the very beginning. From the very beginning God knew all of our names. God knew which of us He would call His sons and daughters. He knows each of the hairs on our head. He knows our every step. He knows our every day. How thankful I am today that I am part of His plan.
With the past election in mind - can you imagine what it would be like if we had to elect or vote on our Lord? Wow. What a mess that would be. Thank you Lord that you are Lord of our life, no matter how many people are for or against you. No matter how many people believe or deny you.
In John 19 when Jesus is about to be crucified, Pilot wrote on the sign for His cross, "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews." The chief priests of the Jews went to Pilot and told him not to write that but rather, "This man said, 'I am King of the Jews'." But Pilot said "What I have written, I have written."
Pretty ironic, huh? The truth was written.
Let's live the truth.
Veterans day just passed - but what about the true Veteran?
Thanksgiving is coming - but what are we thankful for?
Christmas is coming - but what does it really mean?
Instead of getting caught up in daily drama, politics, self pity, the holiday bustle, etc, etc ... lets remember.
(Warning: graphic video)
It's easy to be grossed out by what physically happened to Jesus - but what about the sin that placed Him there? Why aren't we grossed out or ashamed of ourselves?
Being selfish, worrying, lying, gossip, slander, murder, adultery, swearing, stealing...not one is worse than the other. A sin is a sin.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.
Wonderful reminders! Great post...This helps me be in a good frame of mind to start my morning :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Chels, this was a great reminder, and one I really needed. <3
ReplyDelete