Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Monday!


Last week was a 4 day week and it was marvelous. There is just something about Mondays being Mondays. Tuesday was a perfect first day of the work week last week, even though it was still "Monday". But when Monday is Monday...blah. I really should give it a chance, especially since it is still Sunday as I write this, but no matter what good things await me on a Monday, it's still Monday.

I am connecting with you all today with a deep prayer in my heart.

Although I do not have a date for my RN boards (yet), my class has started and things are rolling. It's getting harder each day and i'm feeling the heat. But I am excited and determined. When I first started this class I was excited, but I wasn't feeling any pressure. I couldn't figure out what the difference was exactly. Either I am at a different point in my life now (being married, etc) and I don't NEED this career to survive in the world. Or, this time is different and without the normal pressure and stress may mean that I just might pass this bad boy. I was already prepared for the worst, getting that awful 'F' again, not knowing how well or terrible I did, just that my hopes had fallen yet again. But I was already okay with that. It is what it is. I have other plans, other hopes, other dreams. If this one falls through, so be it. I'll move on. 

But as this class progresses and I see that finish line getting closer and closer, I still don't feel the pressure, but that desire is growing deeper and deeper inside. I want this. Oh I want this bad. I don't just want to pass to prove to the world that I could do it. I will care if I get that awful 'F' on my screen again. My dream is just as alive now as it was 4 years ago. It will still hurt, just as bad as it did back then when I had no other plan to fall back on. 

So I ask you, friends and family, to pray with me. 
Pray that this be it. 
That this time will be the one. 
That this time will finally be my time. 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   -Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment: