Sunday was Jeremy's birthday. The big TWO-FIVE : ) I turned 25 in September and was considered old until he himself is now 25 and it's okay again lol We had a great weekend. Relaxing, having fun and we both even had Monday off to stretch it out a little bit more!
He did some golfing and spotted this little guy...
There were presents of course...
Lots of video game time with his new game and chair...
And of course, cheesecake! (Sorry Dad)
We had an unexpected trip to the doctors as well, but i'm thankful that it wasn't a trip to the ER. I mentioned in my last baby update post that I have been having swelling in my left foot. Not a big concern but my doctor told me to watch for a few different things as I am at an increased risk for blood clots with pregnancy. I started noticing that when I walked I had some tenderness in my calf and I quickly became paranoid. I waited a bit and then called the after hours doctor. She talked to me a bit and then told me that she wanted me to go to the ER. Pain/swelling in your leg while pregnant is a blood clot until proven otherwise and she couldn't diagnose me over the phone. I hung up, started crying and Jeremy and I got ready to go. During that process and talking to my mom the doctor called me back again. She had called the ER to let them know I was coming and the ER doctor told her that they wouldn't be able to do an ultrasound at the hour it was on the weekend, so it would be pointless for me to come in. Although i'm thankful, what in the world? Aren't you the Emergency Room?! LOL So she told me stay off my feet as much as possible for the rest of the night, keep it elevated with ice and call my doctor first thing in the morning. So that's what we did. As soon as I got a hold of the doctor's office they told me to come right in. Unfortunately, my doctor was on call so I had to see someone different, but he was SUPER nice. I'm actually thankful to have gotten to meet a different doctor within the practice in case I am unable to have mine for Seth's delivery. Jeremy and I were both pleased with the doctor we saw. He measured my legs, checked my pulses and quickly said that I didn't have a blood clot. He said we could do an ultrasound if I needed the peace of mind but I trusted him. He told me what a blood clot would look/feel like and checked on Seth - he was happy as could be. I'm thankful for my supportive husband who puts Seth and I before anything else, especially when it comes to our health. And i'm thankful to be surrounded by a great team of doctors who listen to my concerns and ease my anxiety!
We realized this weekend that April is fast ending, which means we both have about a month left of work and about a month after that before Seth comes! EEK!






How scary, I am so glad you and Seth are ok! Make sure to rest and stay off your feet as much as you can!
ReplyDelete