Seth has his 9-month checkup on Saturday, so I'll do another post then with his stats and his "official" pictures, but I have some candid shots and lots to share about what he is up to these days. You will just have to suffer through two Seth posts : )
His typical day looks like: Waking up around 7:30, eating breakfast and playing. Bottle and nap from 10-12. Eats lunch and plays, usually go for a walk. Bottle and nap from 3-5. Eats dinner and plays with Dada. Bottle and bed around 7. His nighttime routine isn't anything too special but we found out the other day that his loves the schedule that he is on. We get his pj's on and change his diaper, turn his sound machine and fan on and then give him his bottle, put him to bed and turn on his musical bear. A couple nights ago I a migraine and wasn't able to do what I normally do for him, so Jeremy took over. In the chaos of me being sick and trying to get him to bed, he was flustered and forgot a few steps. Seth let him know. He cried and cried and Jeremy would go in and remember one thing. Then he would cry and cry until Jeremy went in and figured out all the pieces to the puzzle. Once everything was the way it was supposed to be, Seth layed down and played himself to sleep like he does every night - he just needed everything to be in order hahaha Little stinker!
He now walks along everything and takes off with his walker toys. He loves to "talk" while walking. As soon as you grab his hands to help him go he starts gabbering away. I give him a month to have it all figured out on his own. He can sign "please" and we are working on learning "all done" - since Mommy isn't a fan of smacking the spoon. He knows his name and understands when you say "outside" and "no". He loves to give kisses and he now knows how to make music by rubbing his hand over his mouth and making noises. He loves his books and I will often find him over by his shelf pulling them off and "reading" them. Makes a "book Mommy" proud : ) He is really good at independent play, but if he doesn't know where you are for too long he will come find you. His absolute favorite thing is to be outside. No matter how long we are out there, when it's time to come in he cries. He loves to play with any kind of ball and already has a pretty good collection started. We have a ton of baby food, so he still gets that about once a day, but he is eating a ton of "real" food now, too. He loves eggs, toast, bananas, apples, oranges, yogurt, cheerios, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and mac n' cheese. If you want him to eat carrots you have to disguise them and he absolutely HATES avocado! His new thing is grabbing the spoon and putting it into his own mouth and he also loves to try and feed you (or put his paccy in your mouth). He loves water and is a pro at holding his own cup now. I'm so thankful for this and that we didn't have to give him juice to help him love his cup. Daniel Tiger is his favorite show and we are thinking of doing that for his birthday party (I know, is it time for that already?!?) I enjoy just watching him play and learning. I say multiple times a day that I wish I could be in his head and know what he is thinking or trying to figure out. But, watching a show and getting some snuggles is the perfect way to end playtime, too.
He loves to throw his balls over by the door (or in the kitchen) where they roll around so much more. Then he usually finds his way to the shoes....and shoelaces.
Sunlight was a pretty cool thing the other day
And the pots and pans were found the other day....
I can't wait to get rid of that cart!
His typical day looks like: Waking up around 7:30, eating breakfast and playing. Bottle and nap from 10-12. Eats lunch and plays, usually go for a walk. Bottle and nap from 3-5. Eats dinner and plays with Dada. Bottle and bed around 7. His nighttime routine isn't anything too special but we found out the other day that his loves the schedule that he is on. We get his pj's on and change his diaper, turn his sound machine and fan on and then give him his bottle, put him to bed and turn on his musical bear. A couple nights ago I a migraine and wasn't able to do what I normally do for him, so Jeremy took over. In the chaos of me being sick and trying to get him to bed, he was flustered and forgot a few steps. Seth let him know. He cried and cried and Jeremy would go in and remember one thing. Then he would cry and cry until Jeremy went in and figured out all the pieces to the puzzle. Once everything was the way it was supposed to be, Seth layed down and played himself to sleep like he does every night - he just needed everything to be in order hahaha Little stinker!
He now walks along everything and takes off with his walker toys. He loves to "talk" while walking. As soon as you grab his hands to help him go he starts gabbering away. I give him a month to have it all figured out on his own. He can sign "please" and we are working on learning "all done" - since Mommy isn't a fan of smacking the spoon. He knows his name and understands when you say "outside" and "no". He loves to give kisses and he now knows how to make music by rubbing his hand over his mouth and making noises. He loves his books and I will often find him over by his shelf pulling them off and "reading" them. Makes a "book Mommy" proud : ) He is really good at independent play, but if he doesn't know where you are for too long he will come find you. His absolute favorite thing is to be outside. No matter how long we are out there, when it's time to come in he cries. He loves to play with any kind of ball and already has a pretty good collection started. We have a ton of baby food, so he still gets that about once a day, but he is eating a ton of "real" food now, too. He loves eggs, toast, bananas, apples, oranges, yogurt, cheerios, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and mac n' cheese. If you want him to eat carrots you have to disguise them and he absolutely HATES avocado! His new thing is grabbing the spoon and putting it into his own mouth and he also loves to try and feed you (or put his paccy in your mouth). He loves water and is a pro at holding his own cup now. I'm so thankful for this and that we didn't have to give him juice to help him love his cup. Daniel Tiger is his favorite show and we are thinking of doing that for his birthday party (I know, is it time for that already?!?) I enjoy just watching him play and learning. I say multiple times a day that I wish I could be in his head and know what he is thinking or trying to figure out. But, watching a show and getting some snuggles is the perfect way to end playtime, too.
He loves to throw his balls over by the door (or in the kitchen) where they roll around so much more. Then he usually finds his way to the shoes....and shoelaces.
Sunlight was a pretty cool thing the other day
And the pots and pans were found the other day....
I can't wait to get rid of that cart!
He is all boy and absolutely crazy. On the go from the moment his eyes open and it takes him at least half of his bottle before naps and bedtime for his feet to stop kicking and his body to slow down.
And I wouldn't have my life or my home looking any other way <3
No comments:
Post a Comment