Monday, November 14, 2016

Cool weather

We've finally had cool weather here in the South for the past week or so. I'm knocking on wood, crossing my fingers and every other superstitious thing that it is here to stay. I'm pretty sure we are all going to turn into snowmen when we go to NY for Christmas since anything under 65 has us bundling up, when I used to still be wearing t-shirts in that weather back in NY!

You can't go wrong with the staples like chili, broccoli or potato soup - but we've had both of these recipes in the past month and they will be devoured many more times in the coming months! 

Tortelli soup with Italian Sausage & Spinach
(I definitely recommend adding the sour cream at the end)

Sausage, Kale & Potato soup
(I used spinach instead of kale
and didn't have any rosemary - delicious without)
(Find the recipe here)

Add some crusty bread on the side and you have a soul warming comfort food! Best part - it usually lasts 2-3 meals in this house! What are your go-to (or favorite new) soups this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment