Most of you have probably seen on facebook, but baby boy #2 officially has a name! Or maybe it's not official until he is born? Anyways, we landed on Lucas Jay over Christmas break. Lucas was actually on our list of names for Seth, but for some reason when the ultrasound technician told us he was a boy, we didn't like Lucas anymore. This time around it was on the top of Jeremy's list. I actually liked another name a little more, but after some time, I agree this one is right : )
I didn't know this at the time, but the name is extra special. It was actually Jeremy's name on the first day of his life! His parents named him Lucas and then changed it to Jeremy after he was born. Makes me wonder if Lucas will make his appearance on Jeremy's birthday : )
We had a checkup a couple weeks ago (at 24 weeks) and everything looks great. The doctor gave us the official word that everything looked as it was supposed to in the anatomy scan. She even said he has a ton of hair already (which can obviously change). I think it'd be absolutely insane if he came out with a head full of jet black hair like his Dada! I was measuring at 23 weeks and his heartbeat was 136.
Lucas has gotten a lot stronger the past couple weeks. His kicks have started moving my whole stomach and he's been showing off while keeping me up at night a few times. Jeremy was finally able to feel him over Christmas break, but Lucas is already infamous for being still when Jeremy goes to feel him, just like Seth used to do.
Jeremy and I moved things around in our bedroom to see if the idea I had in my head would actually work the way I had envisioned...
Our bed used to be up against the wall where the cubbies are. I actually really like our bed where it is now and I think we'll keep it there even after Lucas moves out of our room. The pack & play will go where the bins are and then we are thinking about getting a room divider to put in between our bed and his so that once he can notice we are there, he won't be able to. I just need to get some baskets to put in the cubbies since we are using the ones we used to have in there for Seth's toys, books and other miscellaneous things. I've enjoyed getting things ready bit by bit! We are soaking up our family time as the 3 of us, but absolutely can't wait for this little guy to come out and meet us all <3
No comments:
Post a Comment