Tuesday, March 6, 2018

An update on Seth


It's been about a month and a half since I last blogged about my big guy. Oh how he pushes my buttons and pulls at my heart, sometimes all at the same time! I wish he could stay little forever. It makes my heart ache to think of him growing up and not wanting the snuggles anymore. 

The last time we "talked" we were moving into having sessions twice a week and I asked for prayer for the financial burden it would be for us. Since then, the financial burden is gone! Praise the Lord. Seth's sessions are 100% paid for and not only that, he also gets to have two one-hour sessions a week! We have only been doing that for about 2 weeks now but my what a difference it has already made. We can see it at home and his therapist can see it during his sessions. If I wasn't sure we were doing the right thing before, I sure am now. All of the little pieces that came together so quickly in just the past month have given me peace. Seth cheers when we pull into the parking lot for his sessions - I mean, what more could a mom ask for?!

He has so much more confidence and really tries to say the things we ask him to. When we used to ask him to say something it would automatically be some type of noise or hum versus trying to say a letter. He is even working on saying "Seth Kyle" which for now is just "Se Ky" but this Momma will take it! His newest words are Puppy, Zebra, Peacock and Hi. Once he gets a word, we demand that word. If he retreats back to his old noise, instead of having to mimic the word for him again we can just say "Wait, what is that?" and he will correct himself. Our days can still be long and frustrating, but I know God loves him even more than I do (which seems so crazy) and has GREAT things in store for his future <3

Thank you to all who continue to pray and support us!

No comments:

Post a Comment