Friday, August 24, 2018

Meals


Every 2 weeks I sit down and meal plan. From there I build a grocery list and go shopping. Well, I got an idea the other day that I would post a blog twice a month with my meal plans for those next two weeks. Quite often I see people post on Facebook for recipe ideas. Sometimes for a specific diet or meat.  I know there is Pinterest, which a lot of mine do come from, but I know that I like to use recipes that are tried and true from someone I know and most importantly, isn't going to be using 30 different ingredients or a lot of 'cream of......' soup. (We are by no means organic, or "free" of anything, although we do the best we can with our budget, but there is just something about those soups....) So, below are the meals we've had (or will) from the 17th-31st.

- Mediterranean Gyros

- Leftovers

- Marvelous Marinated Chicken 
(cooked enough for Jeremy's lunches that week)

- Beef Pasta Bake
(This recipe is from a book, 
so let me know if you'd like it) 

-Leftovers

-Sausage Stuffed Peppers

-Spinach Chicken Casserole

-Leftovers
(supposed to be burgers but we 
have a ton of leftovers from the last 2 nights)

-Homemade Pizza
(this is just going to be a white crust with spinach, 
sausage, tomatoes and parmesan cheese)

-Swedish Meatballs
(leftovers for Jeremy's lunches)

-Sausages

-Lasagna roll-ups with added sausage

-Leftovers

-Burgers

-Buffalo Chicken Tenders

I also made this for my breakfasts:

The rest of our breakfasts and lunches are just whatever! I don't plan too much for them. Cereal, oatmeal, eggs, bars, fruit, yogurt, carrot sticks, peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, quesadillas, muffin-tin lunches....we keep it casual! 

I hope you saw something you'd like to try! I kind of had a cream cheese theme going on lol So far we are down the list to the Spinach Chicken Casserole and everything has been great! The gyros, marinated chicken, beef pasta, stuffed peppers and spinach chicken casserole were all new recipes! We are OBSESSED with the "marvelous" marinated chicken recipe! I marinated it over night and it was incredible!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment