So far this is my favorite project that i've done...
(in close second would probably come the 'T' that I did)
I used:
- 2 20x30 foam core boards
- foam brushes
- mod podge
- adhesive squares
- duct tape
- hot glue gun
- pictures
Now my source did not do this because she cut all her pictures into 4x4 squares so her pictures did not overlap where the boards come together, but mine do - so I duct taped the back of the boards together...
& then applied some good ole' hot glue in the crack just to make sure it was secure.
ta-da!
Now comes the fun part of laying your pictures out the way you want them. I had actually done this the day before and let me tell you - what a headache! I almost threw it and gave up. But, with the help from a friend I finally got it the way I wanted it. I figured on using a lot more pictures so I just picked my favorite ones.
After Jeremy got home and checked it out, this is what the final design would be....
Then I took the adhesive squares and put 4 on each photo to secure it in place...
...surrounded the board with paper to protect the floor...
& prepared the mod podge!
(I have to admit I was a little scared!)
Then I just brushed it on! I dabbed the brush around the pictures to make sure that I got the edges real good and then once the row was done I just swiped the brush from top to bottom to make it look smooth.
...the drying process...
Two coats later -- & its done!!!
I absolutely LOVE it! & thanks to my sister-in-law and early birthday presents I have the perfect decoration to go right above it!
I've been asked where all of these fun crafts are going on the walls but I decided that it would be better for me to make them all, see what I have and then put them up so - they haven't gone anywhere yet LOL probably within the next week or so!
Sooo...what do you guys think?!















that looks amazing!!! i absolutely love the idea :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks great Chelsea! I'm glad you opted to line them all up. Can't wait to see it on the wall :)
ReplyDelete