My life changed 4 months ago when my husband threw my birth control in the trash and told me that he was ready to have a baby.
In another 7 months, our life is going to change even more...
That sweet little bean (or rather, a prune) is growing inside of me and I could not be more excited! I have spent the past many years worrying that I may never get to experience this as I have a medical condition called endometriosis. It can make implantation difficult or prevent pregnancy altogether and for someone who has only wanted to be a mom her whole life, I feared that outcome. Our doctor gave us a year to conceive before we would be sent to a fertility doctor but God had a different plan and just 2 short months later that test those three tests told me my dreams were coming true!
I had taken a test a week and a half prior with the daunting negative sign staring back at me but I was still over a week late and had no symptoms of my cycle showing up. Monday, October 27th I woke up and took another test, hid it in the closet so Jeremy wouldn't find it and hopped in the shower. When I got out, I opened the medicine cabinet and took a deep breath. I was shocked and in complete disbelief. There was no part of me that actually thought I was pregnant. I had told myself to not get my hopes up and had apparently convinced myself of it pretty well! I fought the scream that wanted to escape my body so I wouldn't wake Jeremy up and put the test back in closet. As I got us both ready for our day I wrestled with when to tell Jeremy. Should I wait to tell him tonight and surprise him? Can I keep it a secret for a whole day? There was no part of me that could keep this in, I was bursting at the seams! So I pulled out the announcement that had been hiding in my drawer for months!
I found this after last Christmas while browsing a Christian book store. There was a rack of discounted ornaments and as soon as I spotted this I thought it would be the perfect way to announce our blessing when the time came. So, I wrapped it up and when Jeremy got out of the shower I told him I had a gift for him. He was oblivious! It didn't take him 5 seconds to spin around asking me if it was really true! I showed him the pregnancy test and we stood there in our bedroom, crying, shaking and a million thoughts going through our heads! I'm not sure what Jeremy's kids learned in school that day, but I don't think it was anything close to what he had prepared! : ) After our work days were done we headed out to Olive Garden to celebrate the little life growing inside of me and every day since then has been a blessing and new adventure each day! It was very hard to keep our secret for 3, almost 4 weeks, but we knew we would be seeing family in just a short while and how much more fun to tell them in person.....
Stay tuned!


I am soooooo happy for yall!!!!! You will be an amazing mom and I am sure he will be an amazing dad!!
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting time!!! You are going to be the best mommy!!
ReplyDeleteSooo happy for you for the 100th time! Told you I'd be "stocking" :)
ReplyDelete<3 that post!
ReplyDeleteStalking not stocking blame it on the excitement! Lol
ReplyDelete