Monday, January 4, 2016

6 months!


Can it be true?! Is my little baby.....

Really?!? Yet again we are here at the monthly post where I can't believe that amount of time has gone by. Not only does it feel like I just posted his 5 month update, but how has it already been a half a year since we had our little boy? And why does a half a year sound longer than 6 months? Hahaha He doesn't have his 6-month checkup for another week, but I wanted to do his post before time got away from me. We have been very busy the past couple months and the next couple weeks are pretty crazy as well. Seth's little mind is constantly going - as is he! The only time he isn't moving is when he is sleeping! He is learning to sit, stand and crawl all at once right now. He hardly ever enjoys laying on his back and playing with his toys anymore. After all, that's what babies do : ) His favorite thing to do right now is to stand up and play with toys like the picture above. He thinks he is pretty big stuff! He greatly enjoyed his first Christmas. It was so much fun watching him "open" his presents. He obviously didn't really know what he was doing but he was pretty good at it and got a huge smile on his face with each one. Then again, he always has a huge smile on his face : ) One of his Christmas presents, probably his favorite one was starting to eat food! We started him on it the week of Christmas. He has been ready for so long and he is SUCH a champ at it! I seriously have never seen a 6 month old baby open his mouth, swallow and ask for more the way he does. He didn't even make any faces with his first bite! He has enjoyed sweet potatoes, carrots, peas and green beans. Don't worry - there are pictures to come of all of this! If I started with our Christmas adventures you guys wouldn't get this post for a month haha We started giving him water with his food as well. He hasn't quite figured out the sippy cup so we ordered him a bottle top starter cup that will hopefully help. He is working on cutting a couple teeth as well. I can see the two bottom ones working their way in and every once in a while he will cry out, especially if he chops down on a toy just right. His hair is growing like crazy although it's too light to catch on camera. He usually goes to bed between 6:30-7:30 and sleeps until 6:30-8:30. We have been blessed! Other than eating, bath time is still his favorite thing! He absolutely loves his Dada and we both can't wait for the day that he calls his name when he gets home from work : ) Although I obviously will be working on him saying Mommy first hahaha It seems like he is learning and growing so much right now with so many different things! I know time is going to continue to fly by with all that he is doing! 


My heart is continually overwhelmed with the amount of love I have for this little guy! Being his Mommy is the greatest blessing. 

3 comments: