I wrote back in November about a prayer request I had. That was about our desire to get out of our apartment and into a house. We have moved every single year since being married and as exhausting as that is, I'm ready to do it one more time (at least for a few years).
Being in an apartment isn't all it's cracked up to be! We have always had our annoyances but with Seth being here, I am so much more in-tune to them! I'm sure our neighbors can say many things about us as well since we have a baby who isn't always the quietest little guy (whether they be happy noises or sad), but I'm really just sick of it all!
We were blessed that the guidance counselor at Jeremy's school is also a realtor. Neither one of us know anything about buying a house, so it was a little scary to think of going to somebody that we don't know, who is just looking to make money off of us. So, for the past couple months we have been getting email after email of houses that are on the market. This weekend we made a list of the ones closest to us and took a little drive to check out what the houses really looked like (pictures can be so deceiving) and what neighborhoods they were in. Out of I believe 20 houses there are 3 that we would like to see : ) We started getting very discouraged with the prices of the houses and the condition or area that they were in, but things started to pick up after a few of them. We plan to go look at the 3 we liked this weekend and check out the inside of them. Two of them are well below what we would like to spend, so that is pretty exciting. But, they don't have pictures of the inside of the houses posted online, so we are a little uneasy about what we will find! The third house is drop dead gorgeous, on the outside and inside (according to pictures) but it is at our max out price point which makes us nervous.
So, that's where we are at with all of that....we would appreciate your continued prayers as we go down this little adventure and pray that the Lord would guide us to the house and location that He has for us!
He will lead - praising Him for that.
ReplyDeleteHouse hunting can be discouraging and exciting all at the same time! He is good though and He will show you the right one!
ReplyDelete