Thursday, January 18, 2018

Seth is 2.5!

I have always wondered what to say to people when they ask how old your child is. Before the first birthday you usually tell them how many months they are. But then after that do you start saying they are 1 year and 3 months, or do you say they are 15 months? What about after the 2nd birthday? Is Seth 30 months or is he 2 and a half? hahaha

Anywho - although I've been saying he is 2.5 for the past couple months, he officially is since January 4th. My what a sweet boy we have. When I really sit down and think about it and let it soak in, it overwhelms me with emotion and love. I'm not going to lie - he has his moments where his true 2 year old colors shine bright. But then he has those moments where he comes running to you for snuggles, or when Lucas is crying and he gives him his paccy and rubs his back. And speaking of paccys, we took Seth's away cold turkey when we got back home after the holidays!

His favorite things right now include:
Paw Patrol
Zoo Animals
Music (Dave & Ava)
Books
Being on Dada's shoulders
Being outside

Now that Lucas is mobile and getting into everything, Seth aimlessly wanders around the house with his arms full of his favorite toys trying to find a safe place for them. He is learning the hard lesson of sharing - he hates it. Lucas is just as obsessed with his brother as the rest of us are. He shows his affection by grabbing toes and pulling hair so we are all learning and growing as these new stages present themselves! 

He has unofficially been diagnosed with apraxia. If you want to read more on what that is you can do so here. From what I know (and we are still learning) there is something in his brain that makes it hard for him to make his mouth do what he wants it to do. He has a very tight jaw so we are working on exercises for that and it will just be a little bit more of a challenge for him to overcome. Starting next week he will be doing speech therapy twice a week instead of just once and we are hopeful that will help. I am so thankful for the incredible therapist that he has. He gets the biggest smile when he sees her and runs off to his sessions with her each week without looking back for me. I know she truly cares about him and it makes it easy to trust and follow her lead. You can definitely be praying for us as we continue this journey with him. My days are long and tiring with the lack of communication, especially with the new frustration of Lucas and sharing, etc. The financial burden of moving to two sessions a week has set in. I am furious that insurance companies have the right to make a decision for my child and refuse to cover therapy for him. Who are they? But, I am confident that the Lord loves this little boy more than I do, which blows my mind since I can hardly comprehend the amount of love that I have. A few extra reminders of this each day and we'll get through it : ) 


How is his 3rd birthday rapidly approaching?!

No comments:

Post a Comment