Thursday, January 5, 2017

Home for the Holidays


I know I haven't been the best at blogging lately. My monthly quotas haven't even hit 10 in quite some time. Although my Dad gave me a hard time over Christmas break, I had a pretty good excuse this time since we went up to NY for the Holidays! I told him an in-person visit trumps a blog post any day. 

Our travels went pretty smoothly both ways this time. A few "bumps" that in the moment made me say that "I'm never doing this again", but they didn't last long looking back and all in all was a MUCH MUCH better trip than our impromptu hurricane trip (which we truly will never do again). 

We had a blast with both sides of our families. We got to see everyone minus two brothers (one for each of us). It was so much fun to see Seth interact with his cousins. While at home, most of his playmates are younger than him (other than while at church), but I think he really enjoyed getting to play with some older kids and they did a great job playing with him too! It worked out quite well since he is an intense boy who loves to love, so the older kids could handle him better than the little ones : ) 

I'll be honest with you, the idea of going through pictures (most of which I stole from my mom because getting my camera out was usually the last thing on my mind) is exhausting, but I promise to get some up in the next couple posts. 

We got home Friday morning before New Years. That day was filled with naps, grocery shopping and unpacking. Jeremy and I rang in the New Year by getting an awful head cold that we are both still fighting a bit, but all in all we have settled back in to our daily routine. Seth has done better than I expected with it just being me here. I thought he would miss all his playmates. Jeremy is back at school and thinks the break did the kids some good - good behaviors all around : ) College will start back up next week and dare I say baby preparations are right around the corner?! Eek!

1 comment: