Almost all of my gifts were homemade this year (all but 3 I think). I told everyone not to expect them next year because some of them were a huge headache and time consuming, but I really did enjoy doing it and I think they mean just a little bit more when you put all of the thought and time into them. Thank God for pinterest! LOL
I saw a lot of these given this year, so I'm sure you have all seen them by now, but I wanted to share my "issues" with it.
I saw a lot of these given this year, so I'm sure you have all seen them by now, but I wanted to share my "issues" with it.
The post that I found on pinterest told me to write on the plate with sharpie and then bake it for 30 minutes at 150 degrees. Well, I did this, but it was not permanent. So I did some research online and found a post saying to bake it for an hour at 375 degrees. This worked much better. I actually ended up baking it for about 3 hours just to be safe! LOL
(Note: it is still not dishwasher safe)
This was a gift for Jeremy's grandma : )

Just so you know...I baked mine at 375 for 4 hours and mine came off the first time Doug's parents drank out of it. :( Just thought you might like to know!
ReplyDeleteI rubbed on mine before i gave it to her, but told her to still be careful with it so hopefully it was okay...
DeleteI did too, but as soon as you put hot liquid inside it, I think it did something to it....I don't know. And I do think that it has something to do with color. The black seemed to take better than the colors did.
ReplyDeletei'll have to ask her about it
Delete