Monday, April 21, 2014

Art Show

The day before we left for our honeymoon (Friday the 11th) we had our annual art show at the daycare! Last year was my first one and it was a lot harder because I was in the infant room, which means all of the art is really coming from us teachers. This year, being with the two year olds, it was a lot more fun getting them to do most of the crafts and making everything. Our room did the alphabet as our theme and then broke the room up into 4 categories, one for each teacher. 

Under the sea...by Ms. Ava who I work with in the mornings...

At the farm...by Ms. BreAnna who works in the afternoon...

Up in the air...by Ms. Kadie who works in the afternoon...

And in the city...by me!
 Houses in the background made out of paper bags, zoo animals and trees on top of the shelf, then the road, double decker bus (with their picture in the driver seat), taxi and telephone booth....

 Statue of liberty (with their picture again) and street lights...

 Billboard...

Ice cream truck...

Museum with their artwork...

 Skyscraper with a train going through it...

And flags!

I had so much fun thinking of and doing the crafts with the kids, but it was a lot of work (considering while I was preparing for this I was preparing to leave the next day for our honeymoon and then unexpectedly had a sick husband to take care of) and a very long night, so I am slightly glad it's over with until next year ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment