Jeremy and I got married on August 3rd and we pulled out of his parents driveway in New York with both of our cars packed on August 4th to come to South Carolina. Our plan was to get to our apartment, dump everything out and head straight to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon. Things didn't go quite as we planned however. We weren't able to get right into our apartment and when we did get here we realized what a big new world we were living in right where we were at. So, why pay to go to Myrtle Beach when we have our honeymoon right in front of us. I wasn't working and Jeremy obviously had time before he had to start, so we spent our "honeymoon" seeing what our new life would be like : )
It wasn't too long ago that we decided we were ready to have a "real" honeymoon. There were the obvious destinations that come to mind when you think of that, like Hawaii, Jamaica and I have always wanted to go to Italy. But when places like that are in the mix, plane tickets at least double if not triple your budget. Plus, road trips are half the fun for Jeremy and I when we go anywhere, so we decided that we wanted to go somewhere semi close by. Myboss, friend (ok so she really is my boss, but so much more than that!) started helping me think of great ideas. She has been many places herself and knows so much! She officially became our travel agent. She told me about this quaint little place in Florida called Discovery Cove where you get to swim with dolphins, snorkel with sting rays, feed exotic birds right out of your hands and lounge on their white sand beaches. She had me at dolphins. So I looked into the place and it was just as magical as she had made it seem. When you buy your tickets you have the option of doing the dolphin interaction or not, which obviously we were, then you can upgrade your package for just a small amount more and get tickets (that are valid for 14 days around your Discovery Cove reservation) for SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. So that is just what we did, with a few other things thrown in the mix too : )
The pictures are few and slightly boring today, but we are just getting started : )
It wasn't too long ago that we decided we were ready to have a "real" honeymoon. There were the obvious destinations that come to mind when you think of that, like Hawaii, Jamaica and I have always wanted to go to Italy. But when places like that are in the mix, plane tickets at least double if not triple your budget. Plus, road trips are half the fun for Jeremy and I when we go anywhere, so we decided that we wanted to go somewhere semi close by. My
The pictures are few and slightly boring today, but we are just getting started : )
This handsome fella decided he was going to get sick just days before we were supposed to leave! Saturday was a little groggy, Sunday was better but still not the best, but by Monday I could tell I had my husband back : ) Which worked out great, because that was our dolphin day!
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment