Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Best.Taco.Ever.


It's Hump Day!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but usually by this day I'm more than ready for it to just be Friday already. Sometimes the work week has already gotten to me and more than most nights I just don't want to cook anything! Usually on these days my crock pot becomes my best friend, but the other day (thanks to my bff Pinterest) I came across this delicious little dish. 

 Omg Taco Bake--Another pinner said: Made this for dinner tonight and we all loved it! Easiest and fastest thing I have made in so long!

Now I did a few things differently when I made it, 
so here's "my" recipe...

I browned one pound of burger with an onion and a few cloves of garlic. Once browned I added a packet of taco seasoning with the water that the packet instructs you to use. Once that simmered together and becomes a little thick, I poured about half a jar of our favorite salsa right into the meat. Then I got my spring form pan out and sprayed it with a little cooking spray. Lay down one tortilla, layer with the meat mixture, then some fresh cut tomatoes, then some cheese. Another tortilla, more meat, tomatoes and cheese. Then another tortilla and more cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes! We ate it with guacamole, sour cream and salsa on top! 
It was literally the best taco, enchilada or quesadilla we had ever had! : ) 

P.S. I didn't "un-pop" the spring form pan to cut it because I was afraid all the cheesy goodness would spill out so a pie pan may even work just as good/better! 

So if you're looking for a quick go-to meal on those slow lazy nights, give it a try! 

Hope you enjoy : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment